Class 9 2020 - 2021
Welcome Back Class 9!
I can't quite belive it's the final half term in school for our Year 6. Here are some of the things we are learning about this half term:
English: Wizards. Writing including instructions, non-chronological reports and writing a recount.
Maths : Year 6 will be doing revision of all areas.
- Finding the mean
- Using measures e.g. mass, capacity and length
- Area and perimeter.
- Use standard written methods of addition, subtraction,
- multiplication and division.
- Round 6-digit numbers to the nearest 1000, 10,000, and 100,000
- Multiply and divide numbers mentally drawing upon known facts.
- Express remainders as fractions
- Solve word problems using mental multiplication or division
- Begin to understand percentages as part out of 100
- Know common equivalence between fraction and percentages
- Use equivalence with fractions to find percentages
- Measure and draw angles using a protractor to the nearest
- Recognise acute, right, obtuse and reflex angles.
- Know that angles in straight line add up to 180° and angles around a point add up to 360° and use this to work out missing angles.
- Use equivalence to compare and order fractions.
- Convert improper fractions to mixed numbers
- Add and subtract fractions and mixed number fractions with related denominators.
Geography: Extreme Earth (earthquakes, tsunamis, blizzards and other types of extreme weather)
DT: Making a moving car
PE: Rounders and team games
Music: You’ve got a friend
RE: What does it mean to be a Muslim in Britain today?
Science: Famous scientists
PSHE: No way through isn't true.
PE in class 9 will be on Wednesday and Thursday pm so you will need an outdoor kit in school.
Homework and spelling will be set on a Friday to be handed in the following Friday.
Please have your reading folder in school everyday. It is important that you read with your child at home.
** BBC Bitesize This links with the maths work I have set https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize **
** BBC Teach - Some of the lessons are being done by famous people - I'm looking forward to the Science lessons by Brian Cox! https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/live-lessons/primary-live-lessons/zmc9jhv **
***Please see 'Files to Download' below for New Classroom Secrets Packs and the UKS2 Home Learning Pack sent home there are other useful resources here too***
***Please visit PURPLE MASH (here) Monday to Friday for daily Reading and Topic 2dos***
***Please visit The Maths Factor (here) for free Maths activities***
***Please visit White Rose Maths (here) for weekly work You can do these verbally or in your exercise book. You do not need to print these out to complete.***
***Please visit Twinkl (here) for a daily list of activities to follow at home. ***
Files to Download
Class 9: News items
Class 9: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display