Year 2 2023 - 2024
Here is a link to some of the short stories that we like to watch and listen to in class:
A Message from Mrs Moorhouse:
Hello everyone and welcome back!
Friday 8th March - World Book Day!
Friday 22nd March - Freddy Fit!
In Year 2, please ensure that your child has their name in all items of clothing - especially jumpers and cardigans. Also packed lunches and water bottles need your child’s name and class to be clearly labelled.
In Year 2 we are reading:
Our current Christian value is:
In English we will be learning about..
Stories involving fantasy!
During our lessons we will be discussing our ideas with our friends and making sure our sentences make sense before we write them. Finally we will write our own versions of the story remembering to use our capital letters, full stops and spaces to write simple sentences.
We will also be using adjectives, adverbs and conjunctions such as when, if, because
Guided reading sessions will take place 3 times a week.
In Maths we will be learning about…
- Length and height
- Mass, capacity and temperature
In other areas...
In Science we are learning all about Materials and changing shape
In History our topic is Nurturing Nurses
In RE we are learning about Salvation and The Easter Story
In Art we will be manipulating clay and learning about Antony Gormley
In Computing we will be using Purple Mash to create animated storybooks
PE will be with a sports coach on a Tuesday.
Indoor kit: plain yellow t-shirt, black shorts and black pumps.
Outdoor kit: plain yellow t-shirt, jogging bottoms and trainers.
Remember to have the correct P.E kit in school all half term, as it will be sent home at each holiday to be washed. Long hair must be tied back for P.E lessons. If your child wears trainers with laces, please practise tying laces before bringing them into school - thank you very much.
We have recently moved to a new phonics scheme called 'Little Wandle' You can find more information about this here.
Now books have been assigned, please read with your child as often as possible. Children will read at least once a week in school as well as guided reading sessions. Please sign your child’s book every time you hear them read.
- Bitesize - A primary school resource for children studing Key Stage 1 Maths, English and Science, featuring game activities and tests.
- Thinkuknow - If you are 5, 6 or 7, I bet you probably like to use the computer for fun. Why not take a look at this website to help you go on the internet in a safe way and know who to talk to if you are worried.
- Phonics Play - Packed with interactive phonics games
- Times tables Rockstars - Practise your times tables and earn coins to make your avatar look even cooler. You can also challenge your friends! You will need you log on details that were sent home during lockdown
Files to Download
Year 2: News items
Children's Mental Health Week and Safer Internet Day, by Mr Wright
Freddy Fit Friday 12th January, by Mr Wright
May we wish you all a peaceful and happy Christmas, by Mr Wright
Year 2: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display